Wednesday, August 7, 2024

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How different is AWS/GCP/Azure in everyday work

Ask HN: How different is AWS/GCP/Azure in everyday work
21 by michal_kluczek | 14 comments on Hacker News.
I've almost exclusively been working with GCP for years, with very few occasions when I've created some resources in AWS (I'm managing infra using terraform). When looking a job now, it's very common that I'm rejected before TI because I wasn't working with AWS. Is it really so fundamentally different from GCP or any other cloud provider for that matter? I have a wild feeling that 80-90% of the products all cloud providers offer are same toys but with different names and integrations mechanisms. There are surely some quirks that are exclusive for a specific cloud provider, but is it really that many to stifle your performance?

No comments:

Post a Comment