Thursday, August 20, 2020

New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: For managing websites, how do I transition to cloud computing?

Ask HN: For managing websites, how do I transition to cloud computing?
2 by djellybeans | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Imagine you are going to walk through someone who has only used Godaddy web hosting (not really me, but an approximate example) into using AWS, Azure, etc to manage their website, what resources would you point them to? I feel almost like a total boomer learning how to use computers for the first time. What cloud services would I need for a brochure style website, or an e-commerce website, or a web app serving thousands, etc. When should I use containers and when I should not? I have prior experience setting up domain name services on Plesk and cPanel, LAMP servers for local and remote use, Apache and PHP configuration through the text files, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment